We all want that sexy bikini body come summertime. The problem is how to achieve that body. First, make sure you have the right attitude coming into it. Do it for yourself. You should want to improve yourself because you want to be healthier and you want to feel better about yourself, not to get a guy to like you. Be true to yourself.
Take some time to sit down and set both short-term and long-term goals for yourself.
Here’s a rough guide:
1. How many months away is summer?
2. How many pounds should I lose per week?
3. How many pounds should I lose at the end of the month?
4. How many hours a week will I spend exercising?
These are some of the questions you should be asking yourself. Set realistic goals for yourself. There is no sense in losing 20 pounds in a week because that is just not healthy. An average of 1-2 pounds lost per week is recommended to help you keep the weight off in the long run.
Next, how much work are you willing to put into this endeavor? An hour a week is helpful, but may not cut it. If you don’t have much spare time to spend in the gym, there are a lot of ways to “workout” without stepping foot into the gym.
Here are some activities you can do as part of your exercise program:
1. Walk, walk, and walk. If your destination of within walking distance, walk, jog, run or cycle going there. This burns extra calories while running errands or whatnot.
2. Play. Do you have a dog? Does he like to play fetch? Play a few rounds with your pet a couple of times a week for about 30 minutes and that is already a greats start to trimming down.
3. Take the stairs. Whether you work on the 2nd floor or the 20th floor of your building, climbing stairs is a great way to keep your heart rate up. In other words, cardio! Climb as much as you can, as often as you can. People who do this find that it helps them keep in shape even if they are not particularly trying to lose weight.
Lastly, make some changes in your diet. You don’t have to throw away all your sweets and soda if you don’t want to. Try splitting your portions instead. For example, instead of eating a whole donut, just eat half. Instead of drinking a whole glass of soda, just drink half, and I don’t mean diet soda. Diet sodas use artificial sweeteners that are unhealthy, so this is a no-no. Of course, if you’d like to push yourself further, you can give up all the unnecessary sweets altogether; your body will thank you for this in the years to come.
Remember that it is all up to you. Keep your eyes on the prize; you deserve to have a rocking bikini body just in time for the summer. All it takes is some discipline, determination and self-control.